Jack E. Jacobsen has substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and leveraged transactions, recapitalizations, public securities offerings, bank and mezzanine financings and oil and gas transactions.
He works with institutional investors, private equity groups and sponsors in buyout transactions, investments and other financing transactions and public companies on securities law compliance, reporting and disclosure requirements.
Jack also represents public companies in equity and debt offerings and acquisitions. He also is experienced guiding clients through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. He is Co-Chair of the Firm’s Corporate Department.
- Represented clients in acquisitions of public and private companies through purchase agreements, mergers and tender offers.
- Represented private equity funds in acquisitions and investments through leveraged recapitalizations and management buyouts.
- Represented companies in the issuance of senior notes through shelf registrations and in Rule 144A offerings.
- Represented companies in recapitalizations involving mezzanine debt and preferred equity.
- Represented clients in purchases and sales of businesses through Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented companies with respect to obtaining and refinancing of senior credit facilities.
Professional History :
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Member, Locke Lord LLP Board of Directors
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, American College of Investment Counsel
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 1987
- B.S., Accounting, magna cum laude, University of Missouri, 1984
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$