Jaclyn S. Alcantara’s experience in patent law focuses on the preparation and prosecution of electrical, electronic, audio, computer, software, communication and mechanical patent applications. She has experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications for aerospace technologies, manufacture of composite materials, factory robotics, GPS, agricultural equipment, hunting equipment and optical sensors.
Before joining Shook, Jaclyn worked as a Patent Agent for more than 10 years. She also served as a writer for a nationally published electrical construction and maintenance magazine, where she developed a passion for writing about cutting-edge technologies.
Jaclyn’s writing experience, technical education and fascination with new technologies led her to pursue a career in the patent field.
- J.D., University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law (expected 2019)
- Intellectual Property Law Society, President (2018-Present), Vice President (2017-2018)
- International Patent Drafting Competition, 2nd Place (2018)
- B.S., University of Miami, 2004 (Electrical Engineering)
- Eta Kappa Nu (HKN) Electrical and Computer Engineering Honor Society, Secretary (2002-2004)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$