Jaclyn Moyer’s practice focuses on securities litigation and enforcement. She has represented Big Four accounting firms, financial institutions, private equity funds, broker-dealers, hedge funds and individuals under investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Department of Justice, the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, self-regulatory organizations, and state attorneys general in a variety of matters, including matters involving allegations of financial and accounting fraud, insider trading, disclosure improprieties, violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and non-compliance with audit and regulatory standards. She has experience representing clients in parallel civil, regulatory, and criminal proceedings, as well as with complex commercial litigation.
Ms. Moyer is a member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association. Ms. Moyer was recently a guest lecturer at a Governance of Financial Reporting class at Columbia Law School where she taught on SEC and PCAOB enforcement.
- Lead counsel for a Big Four accounting firm in an SEC enforcement investigation concerning a manufacturing company
- Lead counsel for a Big Four accounting firm in a regulatory investigation concerning auditor independence issues
- Represented the chief financial officer of a Fortune 15 company in an SEC investigation concerning accounting practices and earnings guidance
- Represented Big Four accounting firms in SEC and PCAOB investigations involving numerous complex accounting and auditing issues
- Represented financial institutions, hedge funds and individuals in various regulatory and criminal investigations related to high-frequency trading
- Represented a major defense contractor in an inquiry conducted by the Office of the Chief Accountant
- Represented combat veterans in successful appeals from initial denials of disability benefits before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims and the Board of Veteran’s Appeals.
- JD, Duke University, 2003
- MA, Political Science, Duke University, 2003
- AB, Princeton University, 1999
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Pennsylvania.
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Julia Smith Gibbons, US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2003 – 2004.
Rate : $$$$