Jacob M. Harper defends businesses in consumer class actions and complex trials and appeals in a wide range of matters, including unfair competition, false advertising, food labeling, ADA, privacy, and shareholder disputes.
Jacob has special expertise in defending food and beverage industry clients from mislabeling claims and other class actions. He has defeated dozens of claims relating to labeling of antioxidants, country of origin, slack-fill and volume, sodium and sugar content, health claims, organic claims, trans fat content, and other labeling and content issues.
Jacob frequently obtains early pre-discovery judgments and dismissals for his clients through case-ending federal preemption, standing, anti-SLAPP. Jacob has been a member of the Culver City Chamber of Commerce’s government affairs committee, where he helps the city’s thriving local businesses connect with city government. He is also an active cyclist.
- Shareholder, TroyGould PC, Los Angeles, 2014-2017
- Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Los Angeles, 2008-2013
- Extern, Hon. R. Gary Klausner, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Los Angeles, 2006
Professional & Community Activities:
- Government Affairs Committee, Culver City Chamber of Commerce, 2014-present
- Appellate Courts Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2010-present
- J.D., The University of Chicago Law School, 2008
- Comment and Development Editor, Chicago Journal of International Law
- B.A., English and Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 2005, magna cum laude
- Highest Departmental Honors, Political Science
Rate : $$$$