Jacob Sawyer is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation Practice. His practice focuses on defending manufacturers, premises owners, suppliers and others in toxic tort and environmental litigation in the state and federal courts of Illinois and Missouri.
The focus of this defense is the provision of novel and proactive solutions that reduce his clients’ potential liability in specific cases, while also focusing upon the impact and effectiveness of defenses throughout the landscape of the civil litigation.
For over ten years, Mr. Sawyer has successfully managed litigation for companies by identifying readily available defenses to obtain quick and efficient case resolution. In other circumstances, he has helped to develop and implement defenses that serve his clients from the initial pleading stage through verdict at trial.
He has drafted and argued motions through each stage of litigation and regularly participates in discovery into fact and expert witnesses. Jacob also has extensive experience defending products liability litigation, benzene litigation, and general liability and catastrophic loss claims.
- Washington University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2003
- Oklahoma State University, Bachelor of Science, 2000
- State Bar Admissions
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Courts,
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$