Jacob R. Sorensen is a commercial litigator with extensive class action and antitrust experience. Jake’s practice includes international cartel investigations, class actions, high-stakes contract disputes and other commercial litigation.
He has handled matters throughout North America and in South America, Europe and Asia. His work also includes litigation and investigations involving corporate governance and securities matters and fraud allegations.
Jake’s clients range from Fortune 500 companies to startups and span the education, health care, technology, travel, financial services, energy, and industrial sectors.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Defending international airlines in various class actions and investigations.
- Representing a leading American electronics company in the defense of class and opt-out actions involving alleged price-fixing of capacitors.
- Representing a renowned university and teaching hospital in a wide range of litigation and investigations.
- Represented a leading Japanese electronics company in the defense of class and opt-out claims involving alleged price-fixing of optical disk drives.
- Assisted in antitrust compliance in support of a major merger in which he obtained merger approval from antitrust authorities in foreign jurisdictions.
- Represented telecommunications carrier in an action for unfair competition and related torts by a dealer of its mobile phone service.
- Represented a bank and its broker-dealer affiliates in securities fraud class action relating to alleged shelf space agreements with regard to mutual funds.
- Represented former Chief Financial Officer of a bank in a securities fraud class action and in actions by the SEC, the Office of the Comptroller of Currency and the Federal Depository Insurance Corporation.
- Represented an in-house attorney at a public company in a securities fraud class action and related investigation.
- American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law
- California State Bar Antitrust and Unfair Competition Section
- Bar Association of San Francisco (Antitrust Section Executive Committee)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- YMCA of San Francisco (Board of Managers)
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
ADMISSIONS : California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern and Southern Districts of California.
Rate : $$$