Proactive and effective, Jackie Rovine focuses her practice on commercial litigation, as well as counseling clients in regulated industries. Her experience as a law clerk in federal and state courts and in various enforcement agencies allows her to assist clients in navigating each stage of litigation and contact with the government.
She spends much of her time counseling clients regarding compliance with applicable laws, including the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the various federal and state whistleblowing laws, and the state-by-state legalization and regulation of sports betting.
Jackie also represents consumer goods and services companies in challenges to competitor advertising and marketing practices before the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, as well as in complex investigations and enforcement matters initiated by the Federal Trade Commission.
She brings to the table creative strategies, adept problem-solving, the ability to master complicated facts quickly, and strong written and oral advocacy skills.
- Secured a summary judgment victory on behalf of a production company when a California judge rejected a $30 million lawsuit filed by figure skating champion Oksana Baiul; currently representing the company in the appeal before the California Court of Appeal, Second District.
- Obtained summary judgment on disability discrimination, harassment and failure to accommodate claims in federal court, proving as a matter of law that the plaintiff did not suffer from a disability.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in connection with a criminal investigation of alleged environmental and FCPA violations, helping to secure a favorable settlement with the government.
- Represented an art collector in a case concerning the identification of, provenance of and rights to allegedly stolen 14th- and 15th-century artwork.
- Advised and counseled a real estate developer on compliance with the New York City Comptroller’s prevailing wage investigation, drafted a settlement agreement to bring the developer into compliance and conducted a wage and hour audit to ensure future compliance.
- Federal Bar Counsel
- New York State Bar Association
- J.D., New York Law School, 2008, magna cum laude
- B.S., New York University, 2002, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2010
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 2008
Rate : $$$