Jacqueline Newman joined Berkman Bottger Newman & Rodd, LLP in 1998 and is now the managing partner of the firm. Ms. Newman’s practice consists of litigation, collaborative law and mediation.
She specializes in complex high net worth matrimonial cases and also in negotiating prenuptial agreements. Ms. Newman has taught the Collaborative Family Law class for The NY Association of Collaborative Professionals and the Center for Mediation in Law, as well as the Introduction of Matrimonial Law for Collaborative Divorce Professionals for the New York State Unified Court System.
At Fordham University School of Law, she taught Family Law Practice with Barry Berkman. Ms. Newman is also a Lexis Nexis Practice Adviser and has drafted practice guides for matrimonial law.
Ms. Newman has appeared as an expert commentator on various television and radio shows and has been quoted as an expert in numerous publications, including Crain’s New York Business, U.S. News and World Report, Business Insider, Time,com, USA Today, Yahoo Parenting, Woman’s Day, Glamour Magazine, the New York Post, Reuters.com, CNBC.com and The Huffington Post.
- Former Board of Directors for the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals
- New York State Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- New York State Women’s Bar Association
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York (Former Member, Executive Board of Young Lawyers Committee)
- Family and Divorce Mediation Council of Greater New York
- Faculty of The Redwoods Initiative
- Advisory board for Shining Service Worldwide
- New York Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Gerson Lehrman Group Expert Council
- Founding member, American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators
- University of Delaware, B.S., 1996
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 1999
Rate : $$$$