Jacqueline S. Peña focuses her practice on complex, commercial litigation matters. She is a trial attorney and experienced litigator. Jacqueline has successfully completed three jury trials and four bench trials, all resulting in verdicts in favor of her clients.
Prior to joining Cozen O’Connor, Jacqueline worked at Travelers Insurance as associate counsel, where she focused in management and resolution of product liability, automobile liability, and commercial premises liability cases, which included analysis of additional insured and indemnification issues. Jacqueline has also argued before the New Jersey Appellate Division.
She served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Esther Suarez, J.S.C for the 2013 – 2014 term. Jacqueline received her Bachelor of Arts from Boston University and received her Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University. While in law school, Jacqueline was a member of the Seton Hall Circuit Review and was president of the Latin American Law Students Association (LALSA).
She was a founder of MetroLALSA, and a member of the Mock Trial board, where she competed in three national mock trial competitions. She also sat on two Student Bar Association committees. Jacqueline was a judicial intern for the Honorable Esther Salas, U.S.D.J. in Newark, New Jersey and was selected for the Seton Hall Law Civil Litigation Clinic.
Jacqueline is deputy regional president of Region III – New Jersey of the Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA), the secretary of the HNBA Young Lawyers Division (YLD), and former co-chair of the Region III – New Jersey YLD. In addition, Jacqueline serves on the executive board of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey (HBA-NJ) as the membership secretary.
In that capacity, she serves as a vice-chair of the American Dream Pipeline Mentorship Program at Passaic High School in Passaic, N.J., where she mentors inner-city youth. She also serves as a chair of the HBA-NJ Women Empowerment Leadership and Law Annual Women’s Conference. She is a board member of Amigas, Inc., a New Jersey-based organization dedicated to the empowerment of women. She is fluent in Spanish.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Boston University, B.A., 2005
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York; New Jersey
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Executive Board, Secretary
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Region III – NJ, Deputy Regional President
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, Morris County Trustee
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, Women’s Empowerment Leadership & Law Conference Chair Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, American Dream Pipeline Program, Passaic High School, Vice-Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$