Jacqueline Yecies leads the firm’s funds litigation initiative, a cross-practice group of lawyers representing clients from fund formation to maturity. The team provides investment funds, including hedge, sovereign wealth and endowment funds, and private equity firm clients with compliance advice, representation in investment-related civil litigation and trials, and guidance through regulatory proceedings.
Jackie regularly represents institutional clients, including investment funds, private equity firms and international banks, as well as individual clients, in U.S. and cross-border investigations. On behalf of her clients, Jackie has presented to various U.S. civil and criminal regulatory agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Department of Justice. She also represents clients in investigations by Asian and European banking and commercial regulators.In her global practice, Jackie consistently manages key client relationships on multibillion-dollar litigations, and she has led multiple trial teams to victory, including in federal court in the Southern District of New York (S.D.N.Y.) and in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware. Jackie has also led arbitrations and mediations, run significant investigations and presented to senior regulatory agencies.
Jackie represents clients in complex litigation related to:
- Limited partner/general partner disputes
- General partner removals
- Disputes among fund principals
- Limited partner advisory committee representations
- Conflicts of interest
- Portfolio company investments
- Activist investments
- Shareholder class actions and derivative suits
- Federal securities actions
- Internal and regulatory investigations and enforcement issues.
- Has acted as lead counsel on multibillion-dollar litigations, achieving multiple trial victories in federal court and bankruptcy courts.
- Represents investment funds and private equity firm clients in relation to compliance advice; civil litigation, including portfolio company disputes and investment-related actions; and regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings.
- Advises on U.S. and cross-border internal and regulatory investigations.
- Counseled a middle-market, alternative asset-based lender through a successful bench trial victory in S.D.N.Y. and during a follow-on SEC investigation of our client’s trial adversary.
- Acted as trial counsel for a debtor offshore drilling company in Chapter 11 proceedings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Delaware and through a successful plan confirmation hearing.
- Represented four investment fund clients in a $30 million dispute with a former general partner of various real estate, private equity funds in two litigations in S.D.N.Y.
- Leading two hedge fund clients through fact and expert discovery in several cases in S.D.N.Y. claiming tens of millions of dollars in damages for alleged “short-swing” profits under the Securities Exchange Act.
- Serving as counsel to a government-appointed monitor in a two-plus year monitorship of a major European bank pursuant to a consent order with the New York Department of Financial Services regarding the bank’s Anti-Money Laundering rules and Bank Secrecy Act compliance programs.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2008
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania, summa cum laude, 2005
- New York
Rate : $$$$