Jacquelynne Michelle Jennings concentrates her practice in finance and corporate transactions with a particular emphasis on public finance. As bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter’s counsel, she helps her clients meet their objectives with creative, comprehensive and compliant solutions.
Jacquelynne represents several investment banking institutions in connection with public finance matters. She has also acted as general counsel to various for-profit and non-profit corporations.
Prior to joining Schiff Hardin in 2013, Jacquelynne served as one of two partners at a boutique firm in San Francisco, where she focused her practice in public finance, corporate, nonprofit and business law. Earlier, she was an attorney at a national law firm, where she managed the firm’s general municipal finance practice.
The range of transactions that Jacquelynne has worked on includes:
- General obligation bond, enterprise revenue bond, lease revenue bond, certificates of participation, special tax revenue bond, conduit and other financings
- Fixed rate, variable rate, auction rate, multi-modal and other financings
- Commercial paper programs, bond anticipation notes and other short term financings
- Financings through joint powers authorities, special authorities and districts, non-profit corporations, and special purpose municipal corporations
- Financings backed by various credit and liquidity facilities, including municipal bond insurance, letters of credit and standby bond purchase agreements
- Various refundings
- Financings utilizing interest rate swaps and other derivative instruments
Particular experience includes:
Jacquelynne served as outside counsel to the State of California Department of Housing and Community Development for a statewide real estate lending program for the construction of affordable housing. The program involved more than 70 loans to non-profit and for-profit entities and created more than 3,400 housing units for low income, elderly and disabled tenants.
Airport and Port Financings
Jacquelynne’s experience includes general airport revenue bond financings; financings secured by passenger facilities charges; special facilities financings secured by airline lease or other revenues; and fuel facility financings.
Jacquelynne has extensive experience in both initial and continuing disclosure issues; notices of the occurrence of significant events disclosure; voluntary disclosure; public offerings and private placements; and other matters.
Industrial Development, Pollution Control and Solid Waste Financings
Jacquelynne has represented parties in private activity bond financings, including the underwriter, the developer/borrower, and the letter of credit bank.
Lease Revenue Bonds and Certificates of Participation (COPs)
Jacquelynne has extensive experience on financing for both general fund and enterprise fund state and local government financings.
Pension Obligation Bond Financings
Jacquelynne has served as disclosure counsel, underwriter’s counsel, or bond counsel on pension obligation bond financings in California for the counties of Contra Costa, Imperial, Marin, Mendocino, Riverside, Sacramento, San Luis Obispo, Solano, and Siskiyou and for the cities of Carmel-by-the-Sea, Fresno, Oakland, Pasadena, Richmond, San Bernardino, San Leandro, Stockton and the Moraga-Orinda Fire District and Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District.
Water and Wastewater Financings
Jacquelynne has worked on a variety of revenue bond financings for municipal water and wastewater utilities in California.
- University of California – Los Angeles – School of Law, J.D., 1988
- University of California – Berkeley, B.A., 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- American Bar Association, Committee on Financing Affordable Housing, Financing Single Family Housing Subcommittee
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- California Debt and Investment Advisory Commission, Technical Advisory Committee, Former Chair
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$$