Jade E. Newburn represents real estate investment trusts, insurance companies, pension funds, opportunity funds, developers, investors and lenders in a wide variety of office, retail, medical office building and industrial real estate transactions. He has substantial experience representing both equity investors and developers in the creation of joint ventures for the purpose of acquiring, developing and managing real estate assets.
He regularly represents clients in the acquisition, financing and development of individual properties and multi-asset portfolios. He also represents financing institutions in construction and permanent financing transactions and commercial landlords and tenants in leasing transactions.
Jade is a fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL) and a frequent speaker and presenter at industry and legal conferences on real estate. Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2004, Jade was an associate at McKinsey & Company, focusing on strategic planning for a variety of US and multi-national corporations.
- Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude
- University of Oxford, Balliol College, Second BA
- Brown University, BA, magna cum laude
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Auxiliary Board of the Art Institute of Chicago
- British Marshall Scholarship Selection Committee
- Represented Starwood Capital Group in the negotiation of a joint venture agreement with a development partner and in the joint venture’s acquisition and financing of an office complex near San Francisco valued at approximately $150 million.
- Represent Carlyle Realty Partners in connection with all phases of its ownership and financing of a multi-state, retail and mixed use portfolio valued in excess of $300 million.
- Represent Prudential Real Estate Investors in connection with its ownership and financing of certain Texas retail and industrial assets valued in excess of $200 million.
- Represented Cabot Properties, Inc. in its acquisition of an industrial portfolio valued at approximately $60 million, constituting fourteen properties in six states.
- Represented Cabot Properties, Inc. in its acquisition of an industrial portfolio valued at approximately $75 million, constituting seventeen properties in six states.
- Represented senior management of Lillibridge Healthcare in its reverse merger with Ventas, Inc. The surviving entities own 95 medical office buildings valued in excess of $300 million.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with its $100 million recapitalization of a ski resort in Utah.
Rate : $$$