Jaemin Chang is a versatile trial attorney and business adviser who helps clients avoid litigation when possible and prevail in court when it is inescapable. She represents individuals, officers, directors and companies in business litigation matters throughout California.
She regularly defends and prosecutes business torts, contract disputes, shareholder litigation, trade secret disputes, trademark infringement and directors and officers liability matters.
Jaemin holds an MBA and employs that knowledge to counsel clients in a wide range of industries, from tech startups, real estate, consumer products and professional services, to food and beverage companies.
A tenacious litigator, Jaemin is also adept at pre-litigation dispute resolution, helping her clients avoid legal battles while protecting their vital financial interests.
In addition, she keeps clients out of court by working with them proactively to design policies and practices that mitigate litigation risk in all aspects of conducting business in California, from contract compliance and employment practices to regulatory compliance, such as California Proposition 65 (Prop 65), the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Her representative matters include :
- Obtained a defense judgment on behalf of a property owner against claims of unlawful business practice and fraud.
- Substituted in as counsel of record shortly before trial and obtained a defense judgment against a breach of real estate sale contract claims and an award of damages on counterclaims.
- Obtained a walk-away settlement on behalf of a director and acquiring company facing breach of contract and fraudulent transfer claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an employer against sexual harassment claims.
- Successfully prosecuted fraud and contract claims on behalf of shareholders against an acquiring corporation.
- Successfully prosecuted securities fraud and breach of promissory note claims on behalf of a victim of Ponzi scheme.
Jaemin is a former law clerk for the University of San Francisco Internet and Intellectual Property Justice Clinic, where she handled domain name, trade mark and copyright disputes.
Jaemin provides legal and social services to clients through the Community Legal Clinic program of the Korean American Bar Association. She also serves as a volunteer for Food Runners, an organization dedicated to alleviating hunger in San Francisco.
Jaemin is a former volunteer talent scout for the City of Oakland Art and Soul Festival and Oh So Little Art House Café.
- University of San Francisco (J.D., 2004)
- University of San Francisco(M.B.A., 2004)
- Northern Arizona University (B.S., 1997)
- California Minority Counsel Program
- Korean American Bar Association
- International Association of Korean Lawyers
- Bar Association of San Francisco
BOARD OF DIRECTORS : Korean-American Bar Association (former)
Rate : $$$$