Jahnisa Loadholt is a senior associate in the Litigation & Trial Practice Group. Her practice is diverse, focusing on government investigations, privacy and data security, insurance defense litigation, and general civil litigation.
She defends clients in investigations by law enforcement and various federal and state agencies, including the Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission, and Office of Foreign Assets Control.
She has extensive experience representing health care clients in ERISA litigation and provider-payer litigation and also represents clients in litigation arising under multiple statutes, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), False Claims and Foreign Corrupt Practices Acts, and RICO, as well as an array of state statutes, including consumer protection statutes.
Jahnisa served as a law clerk on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. Ms. Loadholt received her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law, where she was a member of the editorial board of the Georgia Journal of International & Comparative Law. Jahnisa received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Clark Atlanta University.
- District of Columbia
- University of Georgia (J.D., 2009)
- Clark Atlanta University (B.A., 2006)
- Defended a major telecommunications company in TCPA/consumer protection class actions, obtaining a favorable ruling on a motion to compel arbitration.
- Defended an employee and his new employer in litigation and companion arbitration brought by a former employer in a non-compete action.
- Drafted a Third Circuit opposition brief on behalf of an Egyptian bank in business litigation brought by Egyptian nationals.
- Serving as defense counsel to a claims administrator in an ERISA class action involving payment of administrative fees.
- Served as defense counsel on behalf of a health insurer in a nationwide class action brought by policyholders for wrongful denial of coverage for the drug Harvoni.
Rate : $$$$