Jaime Koziol Delaney graduated from DePaul University College of Law in May 2011 and began working at Levin & Perconti in April 2012. Prior to joining the firm, Jaime clerked for a personal injury and medical malpractice firm, and this experience sparked her desire to advocate for those seriously injured or killed as a result of the negligence of others.
Jaime is committed to reaching the best results for her each of her clients, and realizes that most victims and families have never been involved in a lawsuit. Therefore, Jaime understands the importance of frequent communication with her clients and makes a point to reach out to them during each step of the litigation process. According to Jaime, “When working with clients, I strive to always be accessible to them, and always available to answer their questions and address their concerns.”
As an associate, Jaime plays a key role in a number of complex medical malpractice, nursing home, wrongful death and personal injury matters. Jaime is involved in all steps of the litigation process, including case intake, drafting and filing complaints, and taking depositions.
Currently, Jaime is working on a variety of cases, including a birth injury/medical malpractice case, a hospital fall lawsuit, and many nursing home negligence cases. Jaime’s notable settlements and verdicts include:
- $9 million medical malpractice settlement
- $3.6 million medical malpractice settlement for the death of a 26 year old – Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- $2.5 million medical malpractice settlement
- $1.17 million medical malpractice verdict
- $1 million nursing home negligence settlement
- $940,000 nursing home negligence settlement
- $900,000 medical malpractice settlement
- $801,564 medical malpractice verdict
In law school, Jaime was honored in the spring of 2011 with the CALI Award for Excellence in Mediation. She was also named to the Dean’s List in the fall of 2008 and was a recipient of Law Merit Scholarship from 2008 to 2011. During her second year of law school, Jaime was chosen as a member of the Research Staff of the DePaul Business and Commercial Law Journal, and in her third year served as Managing Editor of Lead Articles.
Outside of work, Jaime volunteers with the Coordinated Advice and Referral Program for Legal Services hotline, a service that offers free legal advice for low-income residents of Cook County. Jaime graduated in 2008 from Miami University with a B.A. in Speech Communication and Journalism. She grew up in Prospect Heights, IL and graduated from Saint Viator High School.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 2011
- CALI Award for Excellence in Mediation Dean’s List Merit Scholarship 2008-2011
- B.A., University of Miami, 2008
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Young Lawyer’s Division
Rate : $$$$