Jaime Orloff Feeney is an associate in the firm’s Litigation and Enforcement practice group. Jaime represents individuals and corporate clients in criminal, civil and regulatory enforcement actions, civil and criminal litigation, and internal investigations.
In recent years, Jaime has represented health care companies, private equity firms and other corporations in the pharmaceutical, medical device and hospital industries facing government investigations concerning alleged health care fraud, improper marketing practices, violations of the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Prior to joining the firm, Jaime served as special assistant corporation counsel at the New York City Law Department, where she represented the City of New York and its agencies in federal and state actions involving constitutional challenges to city policies and practices.
- JD, cum laude, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, 2010; Editor, Cardozo Law Review ; Dean’s Distinguished Scholar
- BA (English, Sociology), cum laude, New York University, 2006
- Illinois, 2016
- New York, 2011
- Massachusetts, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2011
- Representing practice management company in a multi-state U.S. Attorney investigation alleging anti-kickback and false claims violations.
- Representing private equity firm and its portfolio company in internal investigation concerning FCPA and international risk issues.
- Represented a medical device company in a federal investigation involving alleged violations of the FDCA and FDA regulations.
- Represented a managed long term care plan in a high-profile fraud investigation conducted by the New York State Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Counsel to investment advisors and private equity fund managers in connection with SEC examinations and enforcement matters, including responses to deficiency letters and investigative subpoenas.
- Represented investors in several residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) trusts in multiple cases filed in New York state and federal court and Delaware Chancery Court.
- Represented individuals before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in petitions for asylum and special nonimmigrant status for victims of domestic violence.
Rate : $$$