Jaime L. Theriot is widely regarded for her demonstrated ability to guide clients through even the most complex disputes. With a deep understanding of her clients’ risks, resources and strategy, Jaime works to achieve the right results while prioritizing efficiency.
Jaime represents clients in civil litigation, including class actions, in federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels. Clients appreciate her proven track record, as well as her organized and pragmatic approach to complex litigation.
Further, clients rely on Jaime to represent them in litigation involving contract disputes, business torts, professional liability, ERISA and insurance. Jaime also defends law firms and attorneys in legal malpractice actions, fee disputes and bar disciplinary proceedings.
Her experience as general counsel of the firm gives her a firsthand perspective on how law firms are structured and the various challenges they encounter. Jaime is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, an invitation-only honorary society that represents less than one-half of 1 percent of American lawyers.
Representative Matters :
- Represents law firms and lawyers in defending litigation involving claims for professional negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and negligent retention.
- Counsels law firms and attorneys with respect to ethical obligations, policies and practices, conflicts of interest, bar admission, and claims prevention.
- Represents a major health insurance company in a range of litigation matters, including ERISA claims for benefits and provider payment disputes.
- Defends various agencies in the state of Georgia as a special assistant attorney general (SAAG) in civil rights litigation involving constitutional and federal statutory claims.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Board Member (2017-present)
- Camp CEO, Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta (2016)
- Corporate Legal Diversity Pipeline Program, Street Law Inc. (2015)
- Master (2014-present), Barrister (2006-2008), Bleckley Inn of Court, Georgia State University College of Law
- Steering Committee, Service Juris Project, Hands On Atlanta (2004-2011)
Professional Experience : Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard W. Story of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, 2001-2002.
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2001, Editor-in-Chief, Georgia State University Law Review, 2000-2001
- Georgia State University, M.P.A., 2001
- Georgia State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1998
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia State Courts
Rate : $$$