Mr. Jake M. Holdreith leads the firm’s Health and Life Sciences Industry Group and serves as a member of the firm’s Executive Board. He is known as a strategist, a trusted counselor and an able courtroom lawyer.
He has tried jury cases to multi-million dollar verdicts, and has resolved complex cases at all stages of litigation. Chambers says he “comes recommended for his strengths in high-value IP disputes, particularly in the healthcare and life sciences spaces.”
His clients attest that he is “very good at developing and communicating strategy” and “acutely aware of business concerns.” IAM’s The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners says he is “known for his imagination and flair in court,” and reports a client’s observation that “he develops a compelling case and knows what he needs to prove in court.
Jake is creative and sees issues from all angles, but quickly finds the best arguments. His counsel is informed by a fine-tuned sense of business and legal priorities. He is one of our best lawyers and we trust him with our most important cases.”
Mr. Holdreith counsels clients and tries complex lawsuits including intellectual property, regulatory and constitutional litigation. He understands the unique challenges of operating in complex legal and regulatory environments, and he is an experienced courtroom advocate in Hatch-Waxman cases. He has handled cases in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Mr. Holdreith uses a business partnership approach to his engagements. He defines litigation success in terms of client-focused outcomes, and manages projects with budgeting and regular communication.
Mr. Holdreith regularly speaks on topics such as trial skills and strategies, alternative fee agreements, presentation of experts in complex cases, and damages.
When not practicing law, Mr. Holdreith has ridden his bike to the summits of the Courchevel and the Col du Petit Saint Bernard. His wife, two daughters, and two sons also keep him hopping.
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., (1990)
- Macalester College, B.A., (1987)
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Western District Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Chair of the Patent Committee, Federal District Court for the District of Minnesota
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- New York Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Advisory Board, Bloomberg BNA Medical Devices Law & Industry Report (2014-2018)
- Advisory Board, MobCon Digital Health
Rate : $$$