Jim Flaggert focuses on estate planning, administration of trusts and estates, business-succession planning, charitable planning, and estate and trust disputes. Jim assists clients with generation-skipping transfer tax planning, and with grantor retained annuity trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, and dynasty trusts.
He creates charitable trusts and foundations and limited liability companies and partnerships, and assists in creating and funding insurance trusts and qualified personal residence trusts.
Jim also practices in the aircraft acquisition and finance area, and has represented purchasers, financing parties and airlines in connection with the purchase and delivery of more than 450 Boeing commercial aircraft. He has also assisted such clients in connection with various related tax matters. Jim regularly assists in the pre-delivery financing of commercial aircraft.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- American Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Seattle
- Board of Directors, Special Olympics Washington
- Board of Trustees, Islands Fund
- Officer, CMR Foundation
- Eagle Scout
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 1991
- B.A., Economics, University of Michigan, 1988, with distinction
Rate : $$$