For over 30 years, James A. Greenfield has represented private, nonprofit, and public clients on a wide variety of real estate transactions and land use proceedings. Jim has particular expertise and experience with large, complex public infrastructure projects and is a well-recognized authority in crafting creative natural resource conservation transactions.
Jim focuses his practice on public/private partnerships, real estate and development transactions; land transactions with or on behalf of public agencies by negotiation or eminent domain (including public relocation assistance for businesses and residences); and land use matters and administrative proceedings.
Jim also has substantial experience with historic preservation and landmark designation, telecommunications, municipal law, government relations, and sports law. Jim’s clients include: Alaska Airlines, 4Culture (Cultural Development Authority of King County), American President Lines, City of Burien, National Basketball Association, PATH, Sound Transit, and Seattle Theater Group.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board of Directors, 1997-present; Board Chair, 2013-2014 – Forterra (formerly, Cascade Land Conservancy)
- Board of Directors, Leadership Tomorrow, 2010-2016
- Executive Council Member, Green Seattle Partnership, 2004-2012
- Viaduct Taskforce, Downtown Seattle Association, 2009 -2010
- Trustee, Municipal League of King County, 1990-1993, 1999-2002
- Administrator, King County Office of Open Space, 1993-1997
- Board Member and President, Pike Market Senior Center and Downtown Food Bank, 1987-1991
- Deputy General Counsel, Seattle Goodwill Games Organizing Committee, 1988-1990
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 1983
- B.S., Political Economy of Natural Resources, University of California, Berkeley, 1979, with highest honors
Rate : $$$$