James “Jay” Norris, a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Jackson office, advises clients on corporate and tax matters, including business transactions, tax controversy and estate planning. Mr. Norris represents clients in tax and corporate matters involving federal and state taxation, tax controversy, business succession planning, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, estate planning, and probate matters.
His previous career as a certified public accountant (CPA) informs his approach to counseling clients on the legal implications of their business decisions. Mr. Norris advises clients on entity formation and organization, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, business transactions, agreements and contracts, business succession and federal and state securities regulation.
Clients trust and appreciate his strategic legal guidance during tax controversy proceedings, including his experience dealing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at the examination and collection levels, on administrative appeal, and in litigation.
- University of Florida, LL.M in Taxation
- University of Mississippi, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Mississippi, M.Tax
- University of Mississippi, B.Accy.
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- United State Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American Bar Association, Taxation and Estates, Real Property and Trusts Sections
- Member – The Mississippi Bar, Business Law, Estates & Trust and Taxation Sections
- Member – Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants
Rate : $$$