James Samborn’s practice focuses on Construction and Commercial and Business Litigation. Mr. Samborn has been lead counsel in a wide variety of sophisticated and complex construction and commercial litigation matters in various State and Federal courts, and in arbitration and other ADR proceedings.
He has more than 30 years of experience in the construction industry, representing owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and engineers. Mr. Samborn also has extensive experience with alternative dispute resolution and is a member of the American Arbitration Association’s Large, Complex Case Panel of Arbitrators and its Panels of Construction and Commercial Arbitrators.
Mr. Samborn served as Chairman of Dickinson Wright from 2010 – 2017. And was Chief Executive Officer from 2000 – 2009.
- University of Michigan, B.S.E., 1970
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1974
- American Arbitration Association’s Large, Complex Case Panel of Arbitrators
- State Bar of Michigan (Corporation, Finance and Business Law Section and Alternative Dispute Resolution Section)
- Detroit Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Forum on the Construction Industry, Section of Litigation)
- American Arbitration Association’s Panel of Commercial Arbitrators and Panel of Construction Arbitrators
- ADR Counsel, CPR International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution
Rate : $$$