James A. Stuckeypractices in the areas of commercial finance, real estate, business, project financing, and leasing. His commercial experience includes complex loan transactions in real estate, construction, project finance, oil and gas, line of credit and asset based loans, as well as leveraged lease and utility securitization financings, and real estate and commercial transactions.
His lending practice includes representing lenders and borrowers in oil and gas loans, real estate and construction financings, leveraged leases and secured working capital loans. He advises clients in negotiations of a variety of contracts, including major purchase, lease, and project development and financing agreements.
Mr. Stuckey has represented clients from many industries, including banks and other financial institutions, public utilities, oil companies, chemical and product manufacturers, governmental entities and universities.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1983; Editor, Tulane Law Review; Order of the Coif
- Davidson College, A.B., magna cum laude, 1980
ADMISSIONS: Texas, Louisiana
CLERKSHIP: Judicial Clerk to the Hon. Walter Marcus, Louisiana State Supreme Court
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- Representation of local and national lenders in real estate, asset based secured, and oil and gas financings, including representation of lead agent bank in $200 million reserves borrowing base line of credit, and $250 million refinery secured loans.
- Local counsel for real estate and Louisiana contract issues for lease of Louisiana hospital service district and for acquisition of assisted living facility.
- Representation of companies, as seller and as purchaser, in asset sale and acquisition transactions, including purchaser of $305 million electric generation facility.
- Negotiation of major lease development contracts, including for tenant for 415 acre container terminal and for landlord governmental port entity for gaming vessel berths and terminal, and major private university for additional campus locations.
Rate : $$$