James Valente is a native of Marlboro, Vermont, and read for the law under the tutelage of Thomas W. Costello. James is now the managing partner of Costello, Valente & Gentry, P.C..
He concentrates his practice on civil, criminal, and family litigation, with an emphasis on the trial of cases. James has also been involved in a number of significant decisions, including as the principal author of the Appellant’s Brief in Kennery v. State, 191 Vt. 44 (2011).
James has been active in politics, both local and statewide. He co-managed Costello’s 2008 campaign for Lieutenant Governor, served as Vice Chair of the Vermont Democratic Party, and is the Chair of the Brattleboro Democrats.
He also serves as the Chair of the Brattleboro Development Review Board, and chaired the planning commission when it drafted the town plan – which was awarded the Vermont Planner’s Association 2014 plan of the year.
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court District of Vermont, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2013
Education: Drew University, Madison , New Jersey
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Vermont Bar Association, 2011 – Present
- Vermont Association for Justice, 2011 – Present
- Brattleboro Development Review Board, Chair, 2014 – Present
- Brattleboro Planning Commission, Past Chair
- Vermont Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Treasurer
Rate : $$$$