James D. Allen is a Member in Stoll Keenon Ogdens Lexington office and has been with the firm since 1990. He is a member of the Labor, Employment & Employee Benefits practice. He focuses his practice on representing and advising employers in all aspects of labor and employment law.
Jim has successfully litigated employment matters, including class actions, and regularly represents employers in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. He counsels employers in a wide variety of employment matters, including OSHA, FMLA, ADA, reductions in force and wage/hour matters. Additionally, Jim is familiar with Kentucky’s Public Benefit Corporation statute and helps clients determine if B Corp status is right for their organizations.
Jim is a member of the Fayette County, Kentucky and American Bar associations. He is also a member of the Labor and Employment Section of the American Bar Association. To give back to the community, he served as director of Members Heritage Federal Credit Union and served on its supervisory committee for a number of years.
- Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law 1990, J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Curia
- University of Kentucky 1986, B.B.A., High Distinction and Departmental Honors in Business Administration
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Members Heritage Federal Credit Union, director
- Members Heritage Federal Credit Union, member, Supervisory Committee
Rate : $$$