James Baldinger practices commercial litigation and advises and counsels businesses on security and electronic surveillance matters. He represents companies and individuals nationwide, in state and federal courts and in arbitrations. His experience includes class action litigation; contract disputes; labor and employment cases; construction defect litigation; and privacy, security, and computer crime litigation.
Prior to joining Carlton Fields, Jim worked as a senior executive and in-house counsel for a Fortune 100 telecommunications company. Those experiences help him to appreciate and meet his clients’ business and legal obligations, giving him insight into virtually every aspect of the business, including sales and marketing, network operations, mergers and acquisitions, and fraud and security.
He served as co-chair of the ABA’s Privacy and Computer Crime Committee CLE Working Group, and was recognized by former FBI Director Robert Mueller for providing assistance in combating international terrorism in connection with his efforts to stop wireless handset trafficking on behalf of the firm’s telecom clients. Jim is the telecommunications industry group leader.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., cum laude, 1990)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 1987)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Privacy and Computer Crime Committee CLE Working Group
- International Security Management Association
- Founder, Wireless Chief Security Officers Forum
- National Young Leadership Cabinet, United Jewish Communities of North America
- President, Palm Beach County Commission for Jewish Education
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
- Chair, Business and Professions Division
Rate : $$$