James Yates represents public and private sector employers in all facets of labor and employment law. He is a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
A member of Eastman & Smith, Mr. Yates’s practice encompasses collective bargaining, general personnel planning and counseling, equal employment opportunity matters, workers’ compensation and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Mr. Yates has represented employers in labor and employment law related matters with various agencies such as the Industrial Commission, National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), State Employee Retirement Board (SERB), Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC), Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and in state and federal courts and arbitration tribunals.
He regularly consults with clients regarding the drafting and implementation of employment policies and conducts supervisor training. Mr. Yates is a frequent speaker at seminars regarding a myriad of labor and employment law topics.
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 1990
- The University of Dayton, B.A. summa cum laude, 1987
- Ohio, 1990
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Toledo Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law and Workers’ Compensation Committees)
- Toledo Area Human Resources Association (board member)
Rate : $$$$