James Brooks is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Transportation and General Liability Practices. He currently focuses his practice on the defense of corporations against civil actions involving personal injury, premises liability, wrongful death and the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA).
Mr. Brooks also has extensive experience representing corporations and public entities in matters involving employment law, public entity liability, peace officer liability, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Civil Rights.
During law school, Mr. Brooks was a law clerk at the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office in the TARGET crimes division and abroad at the Hong Kong Department of Justice. He also obtained a mediation certificate from Loyola Law School Center of Conflict Resolution. Upon admission to the California State Bar, he immediately began his legal practice defending private corporations and public entities.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Brooks has co-chaired several jury and bench trials to verdict in both State and Federal Court. Mr. Brooks’ proactive approach to discovery and motion practice has allowed him to consistently obtain dismissals, summary judgment, and favorable settlements early in the litigation process.
- Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, Juris Doctor, 2007
- University of California at Irvine, Bachelor of Arts in Criminology, Law and Society, minor in Education, 2003
- State Bar Admissions, California
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- State Bar of California
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Joseph B. Campbell American Inn of Court
- The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF) – Associate Board Member
Rate : $$$