James R. Brown is a partner in the tax department, focusing on the tax aspects of complex investment fund transactions. He regularly advises sponsors of investment funds on tax structuring and operational issues relating to these funds, including the taxation of registered and unregistered investment funds.
He also advises on acquisitions, mergers, recapitalizations, joint ventures and other types of transactions involving funds, their portfolio investments and their sponsors.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1991
- BA, University of Texas at Austin, 1988
- New York, 2004
- Massachusetts, 1992
- Special tax counsel to Ares Capital Corporation and Ares Management, L.P. in the acquisition of American Capital Ltd.
- Special tax counsel to Eaton Vance in the launch of the NextShares
- Tax counsel to Ivory Investment Management, L.P. in its partnership with Affiliated Managers Group, Inc.
Rate : $$$