James C. Sivon specializes in representing financial institutions before the U.S. Congress and federal regulatory agencies. He is a former senior vice president and general counsel for the Association of Bank Holding Companies (1983-1985), and he served as the staff director for the Republican members of the US House Committee on Banking, Finance and Urban Affairs from 1980 to 1983.
James is a frequent speaker on the regulation of financial services firms, and is the author of various publications including The New CRA, published by the American Bankers Association,Insurance Activities: A Legal Guide for Banks, published by A.S. Pratt & Sons, and FIRREA: Implementation and Compliance, published by Warren Gorham & Lamont (co-author).
James is a member of the Executive Council of the Federal Bar Association’s Banking Law Committee and the Exchequer Club. He received his undergraduate degree from Denison University and his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center, and is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Senior Advisor, Bipartisan Policy Center’s Financial Regulatory Reform Initiative
- Co-Project Director, Financial Services Roundtable’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Enhancing Competitiveness
- Member and Past Chair, Executive Council, Federal Bar Association’s Banking Law Section
- Member and Officer, Exchequer Club
- Denison University, B.A.
- Georgetown University, J.D.
Rate : $$$$