James V. Catano has extensive experience counseling mutual fund complexes, investment advisers, insurance companies and mutual fund boards of directors on a wide range of financial services matters.
He also advises clients on the development, regulation, sale and administration of a variety of investment products, including open-end and closed-end mutual funds, money market funds, and variable and fixed life insurance and annuity products.
Prior to joining Dechert, Mr. Catano served as an associate in the investment management practice group of another international law firm. He also served as a law clerk at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and as a legal and regulatory policy fellow at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- University of Virginia, B.A., 2005
- Catholic University of America, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, M.A., 2007
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 2011
- District of Columbia
- New York
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission
- United States Commodity Futures Trading Comission
- American Bar Association
- DC Bar Association
- NY State Bar Association
Rate : $$$