James D. Livesay is a founding partner at Livesay & Myers, P.C. He leads the firm’s team of family law attorneys across offices in Fairfax, Leesburg, Manassas and Fredericksburg, Virginia.
After graduating from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1998, Mr. Livesay served in the U.S. Navy JAG Corps from 1998 to 2001. He entered civilian practice as a family law attorney in 2001, and joined with partner Kevin Myers to found Livesay & Myers, P.C. in 2003.
Drawing on his experience as a Navy JAG officer, Mr. Livesay established the military divorce section of the firm in 2003 and has guided it since that time. His article, “Treatment of Disability Pay in Military Divorce,” has been published on a number of online divorce websites, including Divorce Headquarters and WomansDivorce.com.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1998 (Member, Editorial Board of the Virginia Journal of Law and Politics)
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, B.A., 1995 (Recipient, Virginia Tech Joseph Bernd Award, Best Paper in Political Science, 1995)
Professional Memberships and Associations:
- Military Officers Association of America, 2003–Present
- University of Virginia Alumni Association, 2003–Present
- Virginia State Bar (Family Law Section), 1998–Present
Rate : $$$