James E. Doroshow is a seasoned trial attorney with more than 30 years of experience in handling and resolving a wide range of business litigation matters, including intellectual property disputes of all varieties.
He has litigated and tried numerous cases involving patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade dress rights and also has extensive experience litigating construction defect, design defect and delay claims.
Prior to joining the firm, James was a senior trial attorney with Liner Grode Stein Yankelevitz Sunshine Regenstreif & Taylor LLP. He was also previously with Baker & Hostetler.
Representative Matters :
- Successfully defended a major motion picture studio in several significant disputes, including challenges to accounting practices and idea submission cases brought by writers and others claiming copyright infringement.
- Served as lead counsel for one of the top 10 patent litigation settlements in U.S. history, in which the client was awarded $70 million in the first phase of arbitration and ultimately settled arbitration for $195 million.
- Served as one of the lead trial counsel for an entertainment and publication client in one of the largest Section 337 actions before the U.S. International Trade Commission under the federal Tariff Act to exclude goods brought into the county in violation of U.S. patent laws.
- Successfully defended a pipe restoration company in a $40 million trade secret suit in which the client was granted a complete defense verdict on all trade secret claims before trial as a matter of law.
- Successfully defended a number of national retailers in patent infringement and trade dress suits.
- Represented a national financial and mortgage company in a number of significant matters involving trade name disputes and trade secret theft.
- Represented national building code organizations in a trademark infringement suit involving rights to a family of trademarks and trade names.
- Stanford Law School (J.D., Order of the Coif, 1979)
- Washington University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1975)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$