Having served two presidents and directed the staff of a key congressional committee, James Dyer is uniquely qualified to help clients navigate the complexities of the federal budget and appropriations process.
A prominent policy strategist with a wealth of experience in the White House and on Capitol Hill, Jim is a premier analyst of legislative issues with a tight grasp on the intersection of politics and policy. He works closely with clients in government relations and international sectors, including major defense firms, smaller research consortia, and foreign policy advocates.
Jim has more than 30 years of experience working with the U.S. House Appropriations Committee, including serving as clerk and staff director for 10 years. During that time, he supervised a 125-person professional staff in discharging the Committee’s responsibility to produce 13 annual appropriations bills. He also served as the principal committee liaison to leadership and assisted leadership staff in planning the House of Representatives agenda.
Prior to his work with the U.S. House Appropriations Committee, Jim served as the Deputy Assistant for Legislative Affairs for Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush, as the Principal Deputy Assistant for the U.S. Department of State, and as a budget consultant to the Secretary of the Navy.
In addition to his extensive public service, Jim worked extensively in the private sector, serving as the director of government relations for Philip Morris International and for the Power Systems Division of United Technologies Corp.
- University of Scranton, B.A.
- University of Scranton, Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters
Professional Honors & Activities:
- U.S. Navy Distinguished Public Service Award
- Senior Advisor – Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Executive Committee Member – Ford’s Theatre (Member, Board of Directors; Treasurer and Co-chairman, Finance Committee)
- Chairman’s International Advisory Board Member – U.S. Institute for Peace
- Former member, Board of Directors – U.S. Capitol Historical Society
- Former member, Board of Directors – Army Science Board
Rate : $$$