Jim Hibey is an accomplished trial lawyer with 40 years of experience in both government and private practice. As a former federal prosecutor with more than 120 jury and non-jury trials to his credit, Jim is widely sought after for his ability to tell his client’s story and the ease with which he immerses himself into each client’s distinct business.
His civil practice ranges from antitrust and state franchise law claims, intellectual property, trade secret, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), and qui tam, to lender liability, attorney liability, bankruptcy proceedings, and constitutional law claims.
Jim also represents corporations and individuals in grand jury proceedings and white-collar criminal matters involving fraud, federal elections laws, espionage and security matters, criminal tax law, environmental law, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the False Claims Act. He has handled internal investigations for companies in response to government inquiries and whistleblower claims, or as a prophylactic measure.
Most recently, Jim has spent significant time on intellectual property litigation, specifically within the pharmaceutical realm. Other prominent, successful representations have involved the National Basketball Players Association, Ford Motor Company, Northrop Grumman, 7-Eleven, and the United Way.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, International Society of Barristers
- Member, District of Columbia Barristers
- Member, American Bar Association, Litigation, Criminal Law and Individual Rights Sections
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1974
- B.S., University of Notre Dame, 1971, magna cum laude, Engineering Science
Rate : $$$