James E. Fanto is a lawyer in the Broker-Dealer Litigation and Arbitration practice group, James focuses his practice on representing large financial institutions and high net-worth individuals in securities litigation and violations of contractual covenants.
At the University of Florida Levin College of Law, James was the Education Chair of the Trial Team and Vice President of the Association for Law and Business.
Prior to attending law school and joining Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP, James attended Johns Hopkins University, where he played football and rugby and was the President of the Johns Hopkins University American Marketing Association.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2017
- B.A., Economics, Johns Hopkins University, 2014
Bar and Court Admissions : Florida, 2017
Representative Matters :
- Shumaker Wins Defamation Case for Financial Advisor Against Merrill Lynch
- 05.02.2018 AdvisorHub – Merrill to Pay $750,000 for Defaming Broker by Insinuating Insider Trading
- 05.02.2018 Citywire – Merrill to pay ex-offshore broker $750,000 in defamation case
- Shumaker Victory Recognized as One of Largest FINRA Awards Brokers Won from Their Firms
- 04.12.2018 InvestmentNews – Biggest Arb Awards Brokers Won from Their Firms
- Shumaker Attorneys Defeat Merrill Lynch’s Attempt to Keep Litigants Out of FINRA Arbitration
- 04.03.2018 AdvisorHub – Merrill Retreats from Battle to Fight Former Executives in Court
- 04.03.2018 wealthmanagement.com – Merrill Lynch Gives Up Fight Against Former Advisors’ Rights to Arbitrate
- Shumaker Attorneys Obtain TRO on Behalf of Morgan Stanley
- 02.06.2018 AdvisorHub – Judge Hands Morgan Stanley Another TRO Win, Hands Off to FINRA
- 01.31.2018 AdvisorHub – Whose Client Is It? Morgan Stanley Argues Both Sides, Former Broker Claims
- 01.24.2018 AdvisorHub – Morgan Stanley Wins Another Restraining Order Against Former Broker
Rate : $$$