James C. Freije counsels clients involving state and federal governmental investigations, accountants’ liability, campaign finance, and complex commercial disputes, as well as other regulatory, criminal and compliance matters. Jim advises clients in all aspects of eDiscovery matters and manages large-scale document productions both in the United States and abroad.
Jim’s prior work experience includes work as a legal intern in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City and as a legal assistant with the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute’s Office of Business Development and Technology Transfer. Jim is a two-time recipient of the McGuireWoods Excellence Award for his pro bono contributions and international practice achievements.
- Representation involving internal investigation of foreign financial institution in connection with potential violations of OFAC regulations relating to Iran Sanctions.
- Representation of companies and individuals in administrative and criminal investigations of suspected or alleged violations of campaign finance laws.
- Representation of major financial institutions in litigation and compliance regarding foreclosure issues.
- Representation of prominent financial institutions and accounting firms in matters of state and federal government investigations and compliance.
- Representation of financial institutions and corporations in connection with responding to federal and state subpoenas.
- The College of William & Mary, BA
- University of Baltimore School of Law, JD
Admissions : District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia.
Rate : $$$