James Parker has a general litigation, counseling, and transactional practice, with a focus on insurance-related matters. He focuses on assisting insurance intermediaries and service providers. James frequently represents clients in cases involving professional negligence (E&O claims), class action defense, breach of contract, and post-employment restrictive covenants (non-competition and non-solicitation provisions).
James also counsels self-insurance trust/pools, captive managers, insurers, and intermediaries on corporate governance, insurance regulatory matters, and program management. Finally, James also represents insurance intermediaries in mergers and acquisitions on behalf of both buyers and sellers.
James previously worked in the insurance industry where he sold and serviced a book of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance for public entity trusts, risk retention groups, and associations. Prior to his work as a broker, James worked extensively with in-house and outside counsel in the areas of corporate compliance, risk management, acquisition due diligence, and errors and omissions prevention.
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, Portland, Ore.
- Summer Associate, Freeborn & Peters LLP, Chicago
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Patrick J. Zika, Superior Court of California, County of Alameda, Oakland, Calif.
- Senior Account Executive, Apex Insurance Services, Chicago
- Quality Control Manager, Brown & Brown Insurance (NYSE: BRO), Daytona Beach, Fla.
- Acquisition Team Analyst, Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS), Paris
Professional & Community Activities:
- Alumni Board, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2016-present
- Chairman, Advisory Board of Directors, FSU World Affairs Program, 2001-present
- Vice President, The Grove HOA, Healdsburg, Calif., 2012-2013
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), The National Alliance for Insurance Education, 2004-2009
- Planning and Zoning Board, City of Deltona, Fla., 2003-2004
- J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, cum laude
- Notes Editor, Federal Communications Law Journal
- Practice Group Advisor
- Best in Class, Appellate Advocacy and Procedure
- B.S., Finance, Florida State University College of Business
- Burning Spear Leadership Society
- Garnet & Gold Key Leadership Honorary
Rate : $$$