James Greenberg concentrates his practice in the areas of general commercial litigation, real estate, construction and healthcare. He has more than 40 years’ experience in representing clients in complex business matters from both the transactional side and in litigation. Mr. Greenberg is certified by the N.J. Supreme Court as a civil trial attorney and is listed on the roster of state-approved mediators.
- Obtained dismissal after successfully opposing the certification of a proposed consumer class action, which accused Kennedy Health System and its document processor of illegally overcharging patients millions of dollars for access to medical records.
- Represented a single purpose LLC in the sale of a contaminated 30-acre former General Dynamics site in Woodbridge, NJ to Atlantic Realty Development Corp., which will build a 500-unit, mixed use transit village-style development and arts center called Avenel Arts Village.
- For twenty years represented United Jersey Bank in all its collections and workout transactions and litigation in matters in all southern New Jersey counties. Acted as officer and director of a subsidiary company, was periodically appointed arbitrator, and continued in these matters after the company became Summit Bancorp and until they were acquired by another bank.
- Represented Jefferson Bank in both transactional and litigation matters in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey until the bank was acquired by another bank.
- Represented Trico Mortgage Company, Inc. in their business of making second mortgage loans by drafting loan closing documents and handling problem loans and workouts.
- Represented a client in a two-stage transaction to acquire ownership of a senior housing complex by negotiating with the bank to acquire $10 million in troubled loans at a substantial discount, while also negotiating and settling with the borrowers by obtaining title to the property in exchange for releasing them from liability for the deficiency.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1964
- Princeton University, B.S.E., 1961
- New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society, 2009-2011
- American Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia County Bar Association
Rate : $$$