James Sullivan is a partner in Alston & Bird’s Corporate Group, a member of the Global Resources & Strategies Committee and co-chair of the German Practice Team. James advises institutional clients and management teams in domestic and cross-border M&A and corporate finance transactions across a wide range of industries.
He also serves as outside general counsel to the U.S. operations of various foreign companies and private equity houses. His cross-border practice is primarily focused on the D-A-CH region, the Netherlands and the UK.
James has been recognized by Super Lawyers magazine for his corporate and mergers and acquisitions work and is a frequent lecturer and guest speaker at Columbia Business School’s Private Equity Program.
- New York
- Emory University (J.D., 1998)
- Morehouse College (B.A., 1995)
- Counsel to U.S. subsidiary of a global renewable energy project owner and operator in connection with the financing and development of several biogas, solar and wind energy projects across the United States.
- Represented a global energy and power-focused private equity firm in the financing and acquisition of seven gas-fired power generation plants in the northeastern United States through a newly formed project company.
- Represented a leading international supplier for the pharmaceutical and biotech industries in its acquisition of a majority equity stake in U.S. manufacturer of single-use components for biopharmaceutical applications.
- Represented a European private equity group in connection with the financing and acquisition of the North American operations of a German vitamins and generic prescription drugs maker.
Rate : $$$