James W. Hailey III is a partner in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage Practice. He is a fifth generation New Orleanian. For over the past two decades Mr. Hailey has assisted his insurance and corporate clients in detecting, deterring and defeating fraud in construction, premises, transportation and general litigation matters, including coverage.
Mr. Hailey has made numerous presentations to clients’ special investigation units (SIU) and to industry personnel, including the Insurance Services Offices (ISO), National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) and International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU) Chapters nationwide.
He is very active in local claims organizations serving as president (2013 and 2014, 2016-2018) of the New Orleans Claims Association (NOCA), Board member of the Southeast Louisiana Chapter of the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS), past president of the Blue Goose claims organization, founding Secretary and presently Board Events Coordinator (2013 and 2014, 2016-2018) of the Louisiana Chapter of the Claims and Litigation Management organization (CLM), Louisiana Claims Association, and many others.
- Loyola University of New Orleans, Juris Doctor
- Loyola University of New Orleans, Bachelor of Science, Economics
- State Bar Admissions, Louisiana
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State Supreme Courts, Louisiana Supreme Court
- State Appellate Courts, Louisiana Circuit Courts of Appeal
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Student Trial Advocacy Competition, Judge
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, National Student Trial Advocacy Competition Judge
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM),
- Southeast Louisiana Chapter, Founding Member/Secretary
- Board Events Coordinator, 2013 and 2014, 2016 and 2017
- Insurance Fraud Committee
- Defense Research Institute, Lawyers’ Professionalism and Ethics Committee
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Professional Brokers and Associates, Founding Member
- New Orleans Bar Association, Insurance Law Committee
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$