Mr. James M. Harris is senior counsel in the Los Angeles office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Mr. Harris’s practice area includes civil appellate and writ law. Mr. Harris has briefed and argued numerous appeals in both State and Federal systems in such diverse areas as antitrust, torts, civil procedure, employment, class actions, libel, labor, breach of contract, environmental, real property, bankruptcy, partnership and civil rights.
Following graduation from law school, Mr. Harris was law clerk to the Honorable David L. Bazelon, Chief Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, from 1976 to 1977.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School (1976)
- Order of the Coif, Editor-in-Chief University of Chicago Law Review (1975-1976)
- B.A., Brown University (1973)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth and Tenth Circuits
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Northern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- California Academy of Appellate Lawyers
Rate : $$$