James B. Hatten focuses his practice on patent litigation, as well as preparing and prosecuting patent applications. James has experience in numerous technical fields, including computer hardware and software, telecommunications, networking, and additive manufacturing.
He has represented clients in U.S. district court proceedings and in post-grant proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
As part of the IP indemnification recovery team, James has assisted in the enforcement of indemnification provisions in dozens of complex patent infringement litigation and pre-litigation cases.
- Represented a client in e-commerce patent litigation, including challenging the validity of two patents in Covered Business Method review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. All claims of both challenged patents were found invalid on multiple grounds.
- Has assisted with the diversion and recovery of millions of dollars for clients through the enforcement of intellectual property indemnification provisions across numerous complex patent infringement litigation actions.
- Developed a patent portfolio directed to gas turbine technology for a multinational corporation.
- State Bar of Georgia: Intellectual Property Section
- Atlanta Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2013; Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Environmental Law Journal
- B.S., Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Registration No. 74,235
Rate : $$$$