James J. Hefferan Jr. is a Senior E-Discovery Attorney with Kilpatrick Townsend’s LitSmart® E-Discovery Team. With more than 14 years of experience in commercial litigation, Jim brings a wide range of expertise to e-discovery. As a member of the LitSmart team, Jim has conducted numerous document reviews in a variety of practice areas, including complex business litigation, financial services and construction.
Jim assists with the management of document review teams, develops review protocols and conducts high level QC and privilege review. In addition, he conducts legal research and drafts pleadings for litigation matters.
Prior to joining the LitSmart team, Jim represented companies in a variety of industries including sports and entertainment, media, manufacturing, and telecommunications. He has extensive trial experience and has argued before the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
Jim previously served as an Assistant Professor of Law and then an Associate Professor of Law in Charlotte, NC, where he taught courses on Commercial Law, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Contracts Drafting, Introduction to the Study of Law, Sales, Secured Transactions, and Amateur Sports Law.
He also served as an Adjunct Professor at Wake Forest University School of Law in Winston-Salem, North Carolina where he taught Sports Law and Native American Law.
While attending law school, Jim received the West Publishing Company Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement. In addition, he was a member of the Wake Forest Law Review from 2001-2003 and the Notes and Comments Editor from 2002-2003.
During law school he published Taking One for the Team: Davidson v. University of North Carolina and the Duty of Care Owed by Universities to their Student-Athletes, 37 Wake Forest L. Rev. 589 (2002).
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D. (2003) magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Michigan, B.A., Political Science (1999) with highest distinction
- North Carolina (2003)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$