James Hovard is a litigator who represents various clients in technology-related matters in federal district court, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and the U.S. International Trade Commission. His practice covers many aspects of technology disputes including: pre-suit investigations, fact and expert discovery, trial, post-trial briefing, and appeals.
His experience includes diverse technology areas such as cellular communications, image processing, networking, and medical devices.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 2014
- Whitman College, B.A., 2007
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Represented a cellular device manufacturer from complaint through trial in federal district court concerning LTE essential patents and FRAND breach of contract claims.
- Represented a cellular device manufacturer in federal district court concerning image processing, encoding, and compression related technologies.
- Represented a high tech company in federal district court and an ITC investigation concerning television set-top boxes.
- Filed IPR petitions in the U.S Patent and Trademark Office concerning LTE uplink scheduling and location based network selection.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Rate : $$$$