James (Jim) Kennedy primarily represents hospitals, physicians, multi-specialty clinics, and long-term care providers. He regularly counsels clients on health care business transactions, joint ventures, managed care contracting, risk management issues, and fraud and abuse prevention.
Jim is a sought after speaker on issues related to the Affordable Care Act, ACOs, clinical integration strategies, and payment reform initiatives. He is board certified in Health Law by The Florida Bar, a distinction earned by less than one percent of all lawyers admitted to practice in the state. Jim is the health care practice group leader.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 1982)
- Florida State University (B.S., 1979)
- Carlton Fields (2010 to present)
- Shareholder, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, Tampa, FL
- Shareholder, Carlton Fields (1984-1992)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Academy of Hospital Lawyers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Florida Hospital Association
Rate : $$$