James J. Vincequerra is a partner with Alston & Bird’s Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Group. His primary practice is representing businesses in a variety of commercial transactions and matters. He has significant experience representing debtors, lenders, and other creditors, committees, bondholders, and asset acquirers in high-stakes matters across industries, including finance, retail, education, real estate, hospitality, new media, e-commerce, and telecommunications.
James provides high-quality, creative, and results-oriented legal services to his clients and serves as a primary resource and partner in all aspects of a client’s business. One client recently said, “Jim is a diligent and creative attorney who is easy to work with. He brings his considerable skills to bear on legal problems, thinking outside the box when necessary, to move matters along toward a successful conclusion.”
Bar Admissions : New York
- St. John’s University (J.D., 1999)
- Johns Hopkins University (B.A., 1995)
- Representing Credit Suisse as administrative agent in the restructuring of $1.9 billion debtor-in-possession warehouse financing facilities in the Walter Investment Management Corporation pre-packaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors of Hebrew Hospital Home of Westchester Inc., a nursing home facility located in Westchester, NY, and thereafter representing the liquidation trustee established under the auspices of the confirmed Chapter 11 plan.
- Representing equity holders in a new media production company with highly successful YouTube channels in the sale of 51 percent of equity to an international media conglomerate.
- Representing a private, not-for-profit school in the workout of secured bond debt and related transactions.
- Represented a major international engineering and aerospace corporation in the negotiation of a critical supply contract.
Rate : $$$