In addition to litigating employment and labor disputes, James M. Shaker counsels employers (regionally and internationally) and individuals on a wide variety of employment-related issues, including employment agreements and severance packages. Jim represents clients with employment matters in a range of industries. These matters include:
- Employment Discrimination and Harassment
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and other Administrative Complaints
Jim maintains an arbitration and mediation practice, and is available to serve as a neutral arbitrator or mediator in disputes related to employment, trust and estate controversy, securities, and general business matters. He offers insightful, creative solutions and provides an honest assessment for both parties involved when facilitating dispute resolution.
His many years of experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants make him particularly effective as an arbitrator and mediator. Jim has completed the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution Training Program at Pepperdine University.
- Drake University Law School
- College of the Holy Cross
- Fairfield College Preparatory School
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES:
- Executive Committee Chair, Washington State Bar Association Labor and Employment Section
- Board Member, Middle Eastern Legal Association of Washington (2010-2012)
- Trustee, King County Labor and Employment Law Section (2007-2016)
- Federal Bar Trustee (1999-2001)
Rate : $$$$