James M. Snyder, an experienced trial lawyer, is a Director in the Litigation Practice Group. Prior to joining McCandlish Holton, Jim ran his own litigation firm, representing insurance companies and their insureds against personal injury claims, routinely managing in excess of 100 active files.
Having tried more than two dozen jury trials to verdict, Jim’s passion is the courtroom. In addition to defending automobile claims, Jim also defends premises owners against slip/trip and fall claims.
Jim’s prior experience includes the representation of chemical manufacturers against toxic tort and product liability claims. When not preparing a case for trial, Jim also drafts coverage opinions for insurers.
Some of Jim’s professional highlights include:
- Jury trial defense verdict in a single vehicle $300,000 personal injury claim where the passenger sued the driver.
- Jury trial defense verdict involving a $200,000 lawsuit from a rear-end accident on a twisting country road
- Nominal settlement of a $500,000 trip and fall personal injury claim on the eve of submitting the matter to the Court for summary judgment
- Jury trial defense verdict in a moped versus vehicle accident where client turned in front of moped
- Indiana University, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- Mary Washington College, cum laude, 1996
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circut
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$