James J. Maune is a registered patent attorney who focuses his practice on drafting and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications, litigating complex patent infringement cases in federal district courts, and prosecuting and defending post-grant review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and Central Reexamination Unit.
He draws upon more than 20 years of experience working in high-technology fields including aerospace, ballistic missile defense, and satellite technologies from his former career as a U.S. Navy helicopter pilot.
Jim also has a wide range of experience advising many diverse businesses in technologies ranging from semiconductor devices, flash array devices, medical devices, automotive devices, portable electronic device applications, computer accessories, e-commerce technologies, aircraft and helicopter components, intelligent scooters, Internet of Things (IoT) connected devices, and software.
Prior to joining the firm, Jim worked as a patent attorney in the Orange County, California office of an international law firm where he drafted and prosecuted electronic and software related patent applications.
Prior to launching his legal career, Jim served in the U.S. Navy and retired as a Commander in 2012. His final assignment as Detachment Officer in Charge of the Navy Warfare Development Command culminated his 20-year career as a naval aviator/commissioned naval officer.
While attending law school, Jim worked as an in-house patent agent at NuVasive, Inc., a medical device company, and a patent agent in the patent office for the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center, Pacific (SPAWAR).
Jim is a licensed commercial pilot of aircraft and helicopters. He has a basic knowledge of German.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., Certificate of Concentration in Intellectual Property (2013)
- University of Tennessee, M.S., Aviation Systems Engineering (2001)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, B.S., Physics (1992)
- California (2013)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (2010)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$$